It is not difficult to see the meteoric rise in streaming services. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, and Amazon Prime Video are the most popular streaming services today, with millions of subscribers. Hulu Plus and HBO Max are also releasing new content.
Because they all invest in cloud services and have colossal content libraries, in this streaming revolution, cloud computing and streaming are both essential.
In this article, let’s uncover all advantages of how streaming services use cloud computing.
How Can Cloud Video Platform Help You?
In simple words, A cloud video streaming platform or solution on the surface is just like a YouTube sort of solution for your business. It stores your business’ video in a cloud data centre and uses different computing resources in the clouds to optimize those videos before streaming.
Cloud computing video platforms can be installed in your dedicated cloud instance, or you can purchase it as a SaaS solution. A cloud video streaming platform is necessary to deliver video and it allows uploading and sharing of your videos with your audience.
The simpler ones permit uploading and streaming videos for potential viewers.
If you complete the accessible cloud computing courses online from Great Learning, you can use more feature-rich platforms for video streaming. Complex platforms such as these allow you to define how you are streaming the video.
For example, you can stream internally or externally, upload on-demand, or upload live streams videos. You can even set access to each video (and who sees them). You can choose from your preferred data centre for Fed Ramp, GDPR , and other compliances.
Cloud Computing in Video Streaming Solution: The Benefits
We already know that cloud computing makes video streaming uncomplicated, but do you know precisely in what ways? Here are some of the many benefits:
- Video Accessible Anywhere, Any Device: View videos anywhere your audience wants. These videos are available to anyone with an internet connection.
- Solve Bandwidth Challenges: As per your internet connection’s allowance, you can opt to view in 140p, 360p, or 1080p. These platforms provide transcoding and adaptive bitrate streaming. Multiple file formats are created to accommodate different bandwidth conditions, making videos seamless and immediately playable. It’s just like YouTube!
- Security and Data Protection: Data protection and security were the main drivers for cloud computing adoption. Depending on where you store all your videos, you can benefit from different cloud providers’ data compliance and security practices. Thankfully, cloud providers are well-versed in cloud security issues, so it is better to leave it to experts than manage it yourself.
- Easy Sharing: Cloud video platforms add convenience while sharing your videos with the right audiences via links or embedding them on websites.
- Cloud computing platforms are flexible: You can scale up your cloud computing platform as your business grows. These platforms let you increase server and storage hardware, add new features, and integrate with existing IT systems. For cloud-based CCTV video management, scaling storage is a crucial feature.
- Compliances: Cloud video platforms can help you comply with storage and application compliances. You can store data at your chosen location (required under GDPR) or in a compliant data centre (e.g., Government Cloud). You can either enrich your videos with subtitles or auto-generate subtitles for Section 508. You can limit access to videos to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your PII.
To reap all of the above benefits, you can complete post graduation in cloud computing from Great Learning. You’ll be proficient at not just the advantages mentioned above, but everything about cloud computing you’ll understand through such courses in the most understandable way.
What does a Cloud Video Platform offer?
APIs and Integrations
You don’t need to store data in silos with the cloud. It’s convenient to keep it in cloud storage, and different applications can interact with it based on their expertise. Also, you can integrate apps to improve functionality, such as video platforms improving playback in LMSs. Besides that, you can use API to export analytics about training viewers to create a data analysis tool to determine training ROI.
Cloud computing platforms offer top-quality security at a low price, which might not be otherwise possible for your company. For example, Microsoft Azure  provides multiple data encryptions using AES and has hardware controls. It also has 3500 security specialists to help improve its security. You can enjoy all this in Azure by choosing a cloud-based video platform.
One of the astonishing benefits of streaming videos in the cloud is leveraging the top AI products provided by cloud providers. For example, Microsoft Azure Cognitive services can auto-generate transcripts for your videos. AWS has AWS Rekognition, and Google has its AI models.
Cloud computing video platforms use these technologies to offer cutting-edge AI features. For example, VIDIZMO’s AI can transcribe any video, whether it contains four languages.
Video Delivery (CDNs)
Videos are stored on edge servers known as CDNs to reduce buffering and speed up load times. Cloud providers like AWS and Azure offer their secure CDN networks, live AzureCDN, or Amazon CloudFront. You can also connect to other CDN providers according to your requirements. Cloud computing has undoubtedly made video streaming a lot easier & speedy than ever!
The cloud is perfect for streaming
Video streaming is a powerful tool. However, it requires technological advances in both hardware and software. Video streaming involves the transmission of large amounts of data every second, and this requires data streaming to be uninterrupted and consistent. Latency issues that cause buffering can lead to frustration for the viewer.
Cloud computing helps to prevent this from ever happening. Cloud computing allows streaming services to increase their bandwidth, which improves the streaming experience and is valid for all devices and networks.
Video streaming in cloud computing allows us to enjoy high-quality streaming at affordable prices. Over the years, the quality of streaming has improved dramatically. Also, it enhances the user experience a lot. Cloud computing technology will increase streaming experience, and innovations will only improve it. So, the future of cloud video streaming platforms is bright, undoubtedly!