We have picked up the top 5 digital marketing trends of 2019 & 2020. This will help you to plan and improve your online promotion strategy and to stay in trend, attracting even more customers, increasing sales and beating your competitors.
1. Live video
In 2019, live broadcasts will become an even more popular method to attract the attention of an audience. The simplicity, the absence of any processing or editing makes this video format very native to users. This approach helps brands become more open and accessible to the audience.
2. Interactive content
Interactive content is more effective than the traditional one. The reason for this is that interactive content makes the user participate and interact with the brand, and this is the main goal of any advertising activity.
For example, Better Homes & Gardens offers anyone who wants to try himself as a landscape designer and to create an online dream garden.
To draw attention to energy issues, Shell has developed an interactive web page where you can mix your own music video. Caution: you’ll get stuck to the screen for hours!
In 2019, you should create content that your audience will want to interact with. Surveys, infographics, quizzes, and tests are also a good interactive format, and it captivates people a lot, while its development costs cheaper.
3. Augmented Reality
Augmented reality technology will become a powerful new tool for attracting customers. AR is especially useful for those areas of business where the consumer needs to evaluate the product in real life. For example, these are clothing, cosmetics brands, and furniture manufacturers.
Some of the options for using augmented reality in the promotion of goods:
• product demonstration. AR offers the opportunity to evaluate high-priced products (such as cars or home furnishings) that need to take carefully weighed decisions before buying;
• interactive advertising. AR allows the user to interact with the brand: he is shown unique promotional offers based on his behavior;
• training and education. Many products have great design and rich functionality. Using augmented reality, companies can add multimedia training guides to their products, which will solve the problem with customer service overload;
• geographic services. Augmented reality gives travelers the unique opportunity to find and explore different cities, choose hotels, restaurants, and entertainment nearby.
Many companies already use AR to their full potential:
• IKEA has developed a special «Place» app for smartphones: you can select a piece of furniture that you like and see how it will look in your interior.
• Volvo has launched an AR racing game to draw attention to the new S60 car model. The company broke all records: website traffic increased by 293%, the number of clicks grew up to 192 319, and the percentage of engagement was 9.6%. The indicator of intention to make a purchase increased by 88%, and brand recognition increased by 240%!
•AR is also used in retail: Visa introduced a virtual wardrobe allowing customers to try on several outfits using augmented reality.
Today, in the same way, you can try any of the website templates by Weblium for free – and then, you can create and launch your website for your business absolutely for free too!
4. Voice search
99firms.com research shows that 50% of all online searches will be voice-based by 2020.
Brands are looking for ways to develop apps like Siri, Google Assistant, and Bixby.
The “restructuring” of content to voice search may become one of the main trends of next year.
Marketing tools will integrate with voice services: there will be many applications for voice shopping, ordering food and receiving news.
For example, renowned fashion retailer Asos and retail chain Argos have launched online services for reserving goods using the smart column Google Home or voice assistant on a smartphone.
5. Artificial Intelligence
According to Everstring.com studies, 64% of B2B marketers consider AI as important to their sales and marketing strategy and 81% predicted growth in AI according to Forbes 2019 report.
A good example of using AI technology is Weblium – an AI website builder.
This trend offers great opportunities for marketers, making it easier for them to measure ROI, making it more accurate. With this tool, companies will be able to better respond and solve marketing challenges.
For example, it offers options for working with content that helps accomplish your tasks. AI will gradually take on the laborious tasks of analyzing advertising campaigns, setting bids, and selecting keywords. He will learn to work with data from the CMS and make decisions in real-time, as the marketer will monitor its work.