As you surely could witness, social networks have become a super powerful tool to attract customers and traffic to your website , since, thanks to certain modifications and updates, more and more companies and brands are looking for new ways to maintain their presence and become part of the timeline of their followers, not as a merely institutional medium but as an account that they are really interested in following.
And it is that having a brand presence on the Internet has to go beyond publishing ads only on Facebook. Many times we have come across people who insist on believing that the only way to attract customers to their fanpage is by promoting their product and although Facebook is an ideal platform to expose what you are selling, we have to remember that it is a social platform whose objective at first was to be connected (and aware) of the people in our social circle.
Imagine having a friend who spends all the time promoting your product or talking about your company. Has that contact touched you who only talks to you to explain the wonders and benefits of Herbalife? Well, it is something similar, our intention by being present on social networks is to become part of the day-to-day life of our clients and present ourselves to future potentials.
There are many ways to succeed on the Internet and creativity will always be an element that we must explore. We do not have to analyze how saturated an industry can be to know that competition exists in any area, especially when it has greater economic resources or has a long existence that precedes us. However, placing yourself (and staying) in the public feed is not an impossible task. If you want to get an idea, we recommend you read our tips so that everyone loves your brand where we explore some elements and practices that you can integrate into your internet marketing strategy and thus become one more friend and not just an institutional profile.
Since we are talking about how important it is to have a presence in virtual social networks, it is time for us to focus on the measures you need to adapt your content depending on the social network in which you need to publish it.
One of the most common mistakes we have come across when analyzing a company’s fanpage is that they refuse to adapt their content. The joke that each element of the page or profile complies with these measures is nothing more so that it can be seen in the best possible way, at an excellent quality and without cuts or ruining the objective of the publication you are making. We have come across companies that have the same deported image as the ones they use to publish or worse, their profile. Or post that they are so small that the image is totally pixelated and detracts (inadvertently) the quality of our company.
Many times this happens partly because there is no professional dedicated to preparing material for these networks and, on the other hand, due to the lack of knowledge of those who handle the content in them. Small mistakes that make a huge difference when future clients approach your profile because even if it sounds like a super cliché old man, love enters through the eyes and the visual image matters.
We are very aware that not all companies want to hire a designer and if some are starting they cannot always hire one because they do not consider it as a fundamental part when planning; The most recommended thing is that you hire one (or also a design company ) but if at the moment it is not possible, we remind you that there are online tools such as Canva that are designed so that you believe that you create the content you need in the appropriate measures for each platform. However, this is not a permanent solution since no matter how good the application is, the quality of a designer and their creative capacity are necessary if you want to be up-to-date or stand out from your competition.
Next we will make a list of all the measures that you should consider to publish on Facebook, we will put the type of publication and then the numbers. This to make it easier for you and you can consult it at any time:
- Profile photo: 180 x 180 pixels.
- Cover or header photo: 851 x 315 pixels.
- Shared images: 1200 x 628 pixels. Square images will be 600 x 600 pixels.
- Featured Images: 1200 x 717 pixels.
- Images for shared links: 1200 x 628 pixels.
- Group header: 820 x 250 pixels.
- Header for events: 500 x 262 pixels.
Measures for the new Facebook 2020 design:
- Cover size on desktop: 1200 x 457
- Mobile cover size: 1200 x 675
Images for ads
We have already listed the measures that you can use for your personal or profile publications, now we are going to focus on those that are exclusive for ads depending on the intention with which you have hired them. We list the available ads and their measurements for this 2019:
- Like: You can only have 90 characters of text and 25 characters in the title. Use the 1200 x 444 pixel measurements.
- Clicks and conversions for your website: You cannot put more than 20% of the text in the image. Considering a title of 25 characters (in the publication) and an accompanying text of 90 characters. The measurements for the image are 1200 x 628 pixels.
- Responses to an event: Again, 25 characters in the title and 90 characters in the accompanying text. Uses 1200 x 628 pixels.
- Generate leads: 1200 x 628 pixels. Avoid using a lot of text in the image. You have 25 characters for the title and 90 for the text, plus 30 characters that will be displayed in the news section.
- Video views: 1200 x 675. Write a text that does not exceed 90 characters.
- Interactions with a publication: 1200 x 900 pixels. But if it appears on the right side, we recommend 254 x 133 pixels.
- Download and interaction with applications: 1200 x 628 pixels. Don’t use more than 20% text in the image.
- Request for offers and news description: 1200 x 628 pixels. Don’t forget that you can only use 25 characters in the title and 90 for the accompanying text. In the case of the news description, 30 characters will appear on the timeline.
This is the visual social network par excellence so our priority is that the content does not lose its quality . As you may have already noticed, all the publications that are made in the Instagram feed are square, so you may have the impression that their size does not matter if in the end they are going to be adapted to a square format, However, the fact that your images may lose quality will affect the way in which your content is consumed, also remember that now you can share a post to your stories so that not only those who have you in their feed will see you but also their contacts. It is better prevent. 😉
- Profile photo: The profile photo is round so you must take care of the edges that will be cut; measurements are 180 x 180 pixels.
- Square photo: 1080 x 1080 pixels. For advertisements it is not allowed to have more than 20% of text within the image.
- Horizontal photo: 1080 x 566 pixels.
- Vertical photo: 1080 x 1350 pixels.
- Horizontal photo for ad: Being an ad, the photo is not allowed to have more than 20% text in it; measurements are 600 x 315 pixels.
- Videos for the timeline: videos are only possible when they are between 3 and 60 seconds long; measurements are 600 x 600 pixels.
- Videos for stories: Stories can only last 10 seconds; measurements are 750 x 1334 pixels.
Without a doubt, Instagram is one of the platforms that has gained the most popularity within inbound marketing strategies, we recommend you read our post How to get more likes on Instagram? so that you can apply our tips in your profile.
Although for many it is going out, twitter is still one of the most popular social networks in inbound marketing strategies. What interests us in this case is to take advantage of the immediacy that it offers us, so our main objective when creating images is that they do not weigh much.
- Profile picture: should not be larger than 2MB; measurements are 400 x 400 pixels.
- Header photo: It should not weigh more than 5MB; the recommended measurements are 1500 x 500 pixels.
- Photo for a tweet: In case it is an image, it should not exceed 5MB. In case it is a GIF, it should not be more than 3MB; the measurements are minimum 1024 x 280 and maximum 25600 x 600 pixels.
- Multiple photos for a tweet: the minimum size is 600 x 335. Keep in mind that these are created for people to click on them so make them a little bigger so that they can be appreciated when doing it.
- Photo in tweet preview image: 440 x 220 pixels.
Measurements for the Twitter Card
- Website: Must be less than 3MB; measurements are 800 x 320 pixels.
- Lead Generation: It cannot exceed 3MB either; 800 x 200 pixels.
- Basic App: 144 x 144 pixels.
- Image App: Like the Lead Generation card, it must not exceed 3MB and its measurements are 800 x 320 pixels.
- Summary Card with large image: 280 x 150 pixels, cannot be larger than 1MB.
LinkedIn is one of our favorite networks and one that many people ignore because it is extremely for professionals, however that is why sharing content there has become more important than ever. In this network what matters is to make a very good impression and if you still think that your photo at the Christmas party last year is a very good cover photo, then this is the time for you to take advantage and make a change.
- Profile photo: Should not be more than 8MB. You can use a gif with a minimum of 400x400px and a maximum of 2000 x 2000px. Remember that the image will be cropped and will be round
- Cover Photo: It should not weigh more than 8MB and should measure 1584 x 396px.
- Publication Photo: 520px x320px.
- Photo for article: 520px x 272px.
- Logo for your page: It must not weigh more than 4MB and must be a minimum of 96px x 96px and a maximum of 130px x 130px.
- Header for pages: 1536px x 768px.
Although it has been around for years and is one of the most popular networks, some companies still do not know how to make the most of YouTube, and they even see common mistakes in YouTube advertising .
Although youtubers and influencers have returned from this network a whole new way of life and a business, it is possible to make content without having to go before the camera or follow this same format. It is an excellent way for your clients to view your product or services, and a photo is not the same as seeing it on video, or is it?
We leave you the measures so that this 2019 you can start venturing on YouTube. Of course, remember that you must take good care of the quality of your videos and invest in them , otherwise everything you do to make your portal beautiful will be in vain. So we will always recommend a size of 1280px x 720px that does not weigh more than 128GB.
- Photo for the channel: The recommended size is 250px x 250px but if you upload it to a quality of 1000px x 1000px your photos will look better. Just don’t go over 2MB.
- Channel header: It cannot pass the 2MB either; choose 25560px x 1440px images.
- Video thumbnail: 1280px x 720px.
Do you use Pinterest for your business? We know that this social network can be a great tool if you know how to use it, unfortunately not all of us know how to make the most of it. From making tutorials to sharing inspirational quotes, the advantage of Pinterest is the ability to create virtual spaces to “accommodate” and save specific visual content with a common theme, for example: favorite recipes. Marketing tips, wedding ideas etc.
Get your company started browsing Pinterest, we assure you that you will find the most creative way to make it possible:
- Profile image: 165px x 165px although it will only be viewed in 32px x 32px.
- Image for the tambleros: 22px x 150px.
- Pin image: The recommended width is 600px although it could be displayed as 236px. The height of the pin will be the size you have decided to put it on. Remember that sometimes very long posts are made for recipes, so we must take care of the width.
- Pin thumbnail: 50px x 50px.